Monday, April 19, 2021

Visual

 

This is an image included in my presentation that in fact, I specifically chose for the cover of the presentation. Overall, the major issue that I have been trying to discuss within my overall paper is the negative interpretations of La Llorona as a myth within society and the negative effects such an interpretation tells. Considering I have been trying to talk about the importance of a positive interpretation of La Llorona, something that I found significant about this image is the fact that even though we see La Llorona in her usual negative visualization, in this image we see her holding a baby. She is not taking the baby, she is cradling the baby. Throughout my presentation, I made it a point to emphasize the negative images about her because it shows first hand how La Llorona is interpreted. Having her in this image with a baby, while it may be reminiscent of the children she killed, it also opens her to womanhood as a mother, which then allows me to further discuss the value La Llorona has within feminism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature Review #5

 Visual: Citation: Joann Furlow Allen. “SEEKING SAFE SISTERS: SANDRA CISNEROS’S USE OF THE SOURCE OF THE MYTH LA LLORONA AS SISTER FIGURE.” ...